Recreational marijuana becomes legal on July 1st! But before you light up, just know that some rules apply.
- You must be 21 to possess or consumer pot
- Giving marijuana to a minor is a misdemeanor
- You are only allowed to smoke in private. Having marijuana in public is a $600 fine.
- Lighting up at work can get you fired. And if you fail a drug test, you can also be terminated. Workplaces can set their own rules.
- Marijuana is illegal at the federal level. You can’t bring it across state lines or to national parks.